Nicky continues to be gross and Kermit gets the wrong idea.
NOTES AND RESEARCH
The case just keeps building
- Okay, more uncomfortableness
- Only broken up by Kermit
Let’s talk Kermit…
- First, looks amazing in that blue suit
- He gets the wrong idea; gives up quick; Piggy doesn’t step up or keep him there
- It’s just handled oddly… not just for 2018 standards, but I don’t know how I liked this film back then
- Very different looking women… isn’t he a frog?
- Tall, thin, aqualine nose, teeth like pearls, soft skin
An aquiline nose (also called a Roman nose or hook nose) is a human nose with a prominent bridge, giving it the appearance of being curved or slightly bent. The word aquiline comes from the Latin word aquilinus (“eagle-like”), an allusion to the curved beak of an eagle.
- Grabs her
- Runs after her
- She’s yelling “No please!”
- NO ONE TURNS TO INTERVENE!!??
- All afraid of the boss… maybe, but Lady Holiday presumably is right there!
Early Draft of the Script: (from Tough Pigs)
Backstage at the fashion show, there’s one minor detail that was left out that actually adds a lot to Nicky Holiday’s evil motives. In the film, when he’s rejected by Miss Piggy, he tells her that he “can’t be responsible for what happens”. In the script, he tells her that if she chose him over Kermit, it would’ve given his life purpose, and he wouldn’t be turning to a life of crime. So in some twisted sense, he blames her for his impending misdeeds.
(These are mostly my thoughts and observations. I have occasionally added some of Annie’s thoughts after the recording. I have done my best to attribute info where needed. Many of the more common facts about the film and The Muppets are not directly attributed to any one source. It is not my intention to claim all of the above information as my own. If you find a place that needs attribution, please contact me with the source and I will be happy to add it.)