Lady Holiday evaluates her fashion models. Miss Piggy makes her grand entrance.
NOTES AND RESEARCH
Lady Holiday assessing her models
- Very Disney live action movie like acting
- Diana’s whimsical yet upper class approach makes it less abrasive for a Muppet viewing audience
- Plays the role in the way Steve Martin approaches Muppets roles
- Black and White
- Loves veils
- Almost a painters smock
- Odd cap
1st model: Carla
- Worst of the three
- Fashion model turned actress who played Carla in The Great Muppet Caper.
- Howard’s acting roles included decoratively aristocratic women, such as the Countess of Rothes in the 1979 TV movie S.O.S. Titanic and Countess de Beaulieu in 1982’s TV version of The Scarlet Pimpernel. In a miniseries of The Bourne Identity (with Michael Habeck and others in the cast), she played the general’s unfaithful wife, Angelique.
- The Gong Show Movie is a 1980 film that shows a fictional week in the life of Chuck Barris as the host and creator of The Gong Show.
2nd model: Marla
- Not awful without the cape
- Strive for the fancy of Pigeon
- In the late 1970s, Creer was a successful nude model, appearing on the notorious “Page 3” of English tabloid The Sun.
- The former Page 3 glamour model who sparked a storm in a D-cup when she wrote about life in her sleepy Midland country village.
- Whose saucy shots sent temperatures soaring in the Seventies, upset villagers when she penned a letter spelling out the possible pitfalls of swapping jetset city living for laidback life in the middle of the countryside.
- Erica found fame in the 1970s and 80s posing on the world’s catwalks and in fashion magazines. She appeared in Hollywood movies and appeared on TV before becoming a successful celebrity portrait photographer.
3rd model: Darla
- Love this one
- 4 credits on IMDB
“All my girls are going around looking like barnyard animals.”
- Miss Piggy clears throat
- Only one is actually a barnyard animal!!!
- The grandest of entrances
Why would the models be so offended by the comments?
- They didn’t design it
- Lady Holiday is losing her inspiration?
- “Dreamed of being a Holiday model”
- “Doesn’t surprise me. It seems the way we are heading.”
- Meaning of that line? Shapely models?
(These are mostly my thoughts and observations. I have occasionally added some of Annie’s thoughts after the recording. I have done my best to attribute info where needed. Many of the more common facts about the film and The Muppets are not directly attributed to any one source. It is not my intention to claim all of the above information as my own. If you find a place that needs attribution, please contact me with the source and I will be happy to add it.)