People and Muppets Dance. Pictures of a chicken are taken. Things blow up. Gonzo takes a headlining photo.
NOTES AND RESEARCH
The women who has her jewels stolen:
- Diana Rigg
- played Tracy Bond. Her character marries James Bond in On Her Majesty’s Secret Service (1969)
- The name of the Jewelry store is “Bond”
No windows on the car
Sweetums “tries” to stop the robber
Blue paint back on ground
Wonderfully choreographed sequence
Veggie stand guy throws veggie at car
was heard in The Dark Crystal as the voice of SkekAyuk, the Skeksis gourmand. He also appeared, unbilled, in The Great Muppet Caper, in the non-speaking role of a produce stall vendor in “Hey a Movie!” (surrounded by Singing Food and later trying to catch the free-roaming chickens).
Walking explosives down street?
Caged Muppets now driving car with human driver caged up
Handstand on cop car
Guy in suit on right helps toss painter back up onto scaffold and he ends with his arms raised
Women with baby carriage next to explosion. Then abandons carriage to dance without a baby anywhere in sight.
Gonzo: I got a picture of that chicken.
Kermit: Oh, good.
“The Daily Chronicle”
- New York
- Wednesday, August 25, 1981
- “Poles Own Affair, Soviet Aide Confirms”
- August 25, a special commission was created in Moscow to formulate policy in response to developments in Poland. Labor strikes and rising food prices in Poland.
- Identical Twins Join Staff
- All the news that’s fit to print
(These are mostly my thoughts and observations. I have occasionally added some of Annie’s thoughts after the recording. I have done my best to attribute info where needed. Many of the more common facts about the film and The Muppets are not directly attributed to any one source. It is not my intention to claim all of the above information as my own. If you find a place that needs attribution, please contact me with the source and I will be happy to add it.)